Glenn McGrath Opens Kareena’s New Birthing Suites
Mar 31, 2018
Cricket legend Glenn McGrath and his wife Sara, opened the new birthing suites at Kareena Private Hospital in March.
Sara, who gave birth to their daughter Madison at Kareena Private two and half years ago, was amazed by the transformation the birthing suites had undergone.
“When Sara was here for Madison’s birth she thought it was one the greatest `hotels’ she had ever stayed at... but now this is just amazing,” said Glenn.
Eight couples who were attending their 32 week antenatal class were the lucky first few to be given a tour of the three new birthing suites. All couples were excited to see the new facilities which they will be using for the upcoming birth of their babies.
Each of the three refurbished birthing suites features:
- K2 Wireless CTG Monitoring with Obstetricians accessing real time fetal monitoring information on their smart phones
- Modern furniture and state-of-the-art equipment
- A double lounge which converts to a fold out bed, allowing partners to rest
- Double-headed showers and ergonomic exercise balls which can be utilised for natural pain relief
- Large TV screens with access to Foxtel and free Wi-Fi
- One birthing suite features an enormous bath, with enough room for both the mother and partner