Ramsay waives hospital excess fees to help struggling farmers
Sep 07, 2018
Ramsay Health Care has developed an initiative to provide assistance to Australia’s drought-stricken farming communities, as they continue to grapple with the impacts of ongoing dry conditions. As part of this, we will waive hospital excess fees and/or co-payments to make it easier for struggling farmers to access the health care treatments they need.
Where can I access health treatments?
Ramsay operates 73 facilities in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia. To find your nearest site, click here.
Who is eligible?
The offer will be available to people who meet the following criteria:
- You are a privately insured patient.
- Your farm is located in a drought-declared area.
- You receive the Federal Government’s Farm Household Allowance.
I’m eligible – what is the next step?
If you meet these above criteria and wish to take up the offer you will need to:
- Contact your preferred Ramsay facility and supply proof of your residential address AND
- Supply a copy of your Federal Government Farm Household Allowance approval from the Department of Human Services.
Is this a limited offer?
Yes. Eligible farmers and primary producers must present to hospital for treatment between 1 October 2018 and 31 March 2019 to receive these offers.
For more information about Ramsay's Farmer Relief Initiative, please click here.