Core Areas of Research
Areas of research focus will be reviewed on an annual basis. Consideration has been and will be given to the size of specialty areas within Ramsay Health Care and the likelihood of identifying interested clinicians, allied health or nursing staff who have a research interest and prior experience in leading research projects. In 2017/2018, the following areas have been selected:
- Mental Health
- Health Services Research with a focus on innovation, technology and implementation
Ramsay Health Care established and registered the “Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation” (RHRF) in 2015 to help improve methods of preventing, diagnosing, treating and controlling diseases. This Foundation was endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office in 2016 as a deductible gift recipient. This enables the RHRF to receive gifts which are tax deductible to donors, such as donations by the Paul Ramsay Foundation.
The Foundation is governed by a board whose responsibilities include setting the policies and strategic direction, as well as monitoring compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and operational and financial performance.
- Enabler of Research Excellence
By 2020 Ramsay Hospital Research Foundation will have achieved the following:
- Funded significant research projects that have led to an improvement in patient outcomes and changes to the delivery of care.
- Through registries and PROMs, collected data to begin to analyse the differences across sites and develop potential research opportunities.
- Grown the organisation to be a stable funder of research across the Ramsay Health Care network and beyond.
- Established a recognised research network within Ramsay Health Care that actively embeds research in the provision of clinical care.
- Secured the support of expert academic partners in mental health, health services research and rehabilitation to facilitate research excellence.
- Leveraged our funding to gain additional corporate support and community donations.
Annual Impact Reports
2018 year in review