Kanwal Village Medical Complex
654 Pacific HighwaySuite C15
Kanwal, NSW, 2259 Get Directions
0468 918 508
02 4362 7971
Claim your profile
Dr Farrugia is a Geriatrician with experience in the management of a variety of acute and chronic medical illnesses in elderly patients.
Following on from his postgraduate studies, Dr Farrugia completed his Fellowship at Royal North Shore, Gosford and Wyong Hospitals. He is a member of the
Royal Australian College of Physicians and has nearly 10 years’ experience working on the Central Coast including his current role as Staff Specialist at Wyong Hospital.
He has a particular interest in acute medicine and the diagnosis and management of dementia, delirium and associated behavioural and psychological symptoms related to dementia.
He also provides the following services:
• Comprehensive Geriatric assessment
• Cognitive and capacity assessment
• Chronic Geriatric syndromes like malnutrition, pain control
• Preoperative medical optimisation and fitness assessment
• Rationalisation of polypharmacy
• Frailty and incontinence assessment
• Falls and balance assessment
• Rehabilitation and reconditioning with an expert team of rehabilitation physicians,
physiotherapists and occupational therapists, including home visits and trials of care
• Level of care assessment and ability to cope at home with the addition of services
• Palliation and end of life care
• Visits to Aged Care Facilities
Dr Farrugia is available to speak with GP’s through his clinic. For nonurgent
clinic referrals for his rooms located at Kanwal Medical Village, please fax your
request to (02) 4362 7971 or phone 0468 918 508 for an appointment.