Level 2, Suite 4
20 Flemington Road
PARKVILLE, VIC, 3052 Get Directions
03 9347 7100
03 9347 7122
Claim your profile
Assoc Professor Alex Ades is an extensively trained and experienced gynaecologic surgeon.
His main expertise is in minimally invasive procedures (laparoscopic and robotic surgery) for the treatment of benign conditions such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts as well as pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence among others.
Dr Ades is an expert on the treatment of cervical incompetence and is one of the most experienced surgeons in Australia and internationally on Laparoscopic Transabdominal Cerclage.
Dr Ades has been involved in public and private practice as well as academic tertiary education for more than 20 years. His formal qualifications include a Master and a PhD in Medicine.
He has many research studies published in international peer reviewed scientific journals.
He is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Melbourne.
He is the head of the Ambulatory Gynaecology Services unit at the Royal Women’s Hospital where he also works at the endometriosis and advanced laparoscopic surgery unit. He participates in the theoretical and practical training of future specialists. Dr Ades is on the board of the International Society for Gynaecologic Endoscopy.
Dr. Ades is a member of:
• The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG - ranzcog.edu.au)
• International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy (ISGE - isge.org)
• Australasian Gynaecological Endoscopic Society (AGES - ages.com.au)
• American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL - aagl.org)
• Australian Medical Association (AMA - ama.com.au)