John Flynn Specialist Suites, Suite 601,Level 6
Orthopaedic Clinics Gold Coast42 Inland Drive
Tugun, QLD, 4224 Get Directions
1300 399 223
07 3041 5087
Claim your profile
On completion of specialist training in London, Dr Tudor completed a Fellowship year focusing on sports injuries with Dr Peter Myers at Brisbane Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre. There he developed advanced arthroscopic skills in knee reconstruction, cruciate and multi-ligament surgery and meniscus repair, as well as in meniscal transplantation, patellofemoral disorders, the management of arthritis in young patients and joint replacement surgery.
He then undertook another year of fellowship, focusing on lower limb surgery and trauma at the Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre in Toronto, Canada. Dr Tudor developed advanced skills in hip and knee joint replacement, especially rapid discharge surgery and rehabilitation.
Dr Tudor then returned to Australia and was appointed Staff Specialist at Gold Coast University Hospital, specialising in trauma and lower limb reconstruction (including foot & ankle) and arthroplasty.
He holds lectureships at Griffith and Bond Universities and continues his research into cartilage injuries and outcomes in arthroplasty. Francois is an avid sports fan. He enjoys golf and played junior rugby at a national level.
He has a special interest in conditions of the lower limb (including trauma) including:
Foot and Ankle
• Osteoarthritis in the foot and ankle
• Fractures of Foot, Tibia, Ankle joint (including Lis Franc)
• Disorders of the tendons and nerves around the foot
• Flat foot reconstructions
• Ligament reconstructions
• Acute/Sports injuries
• Ankle arthroscopy
• Total/Partial Knee Replacement
• Knee revision
• Fractures around the knee
• Knee arthroscopy
• ACL & Multi Ligament reconstruction
• Cartilage and Meniscal repair
• Meniscus transplantation
• Management of arthritis in the young (osteotomy)
• Patellofemoral instability
• Total hip replacement
• Gluteal tendon reconstruction
• Fractures of the hip (including joint replacement) and femur
Memberships and Qualifications:
• Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics)
• Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
• Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
• Member of British Orthopaedic Association
• Masters in Surgical Technology, Imperial College, London
Dr Francois Tudor offers Telehealth.