Noosa Hospital111 Goodchap St
Noosaville, QLD, 4566 Get Directions
07) 5455 9459
07) 5455 9433
Claim your profile
Professor Christian Hamilton-Craig is a consultant cardiologist, with special expertise in non-invasive diagnostic cardiology, and is now offering weekly clinics at Noosa Hospital.
Prof Hamilton-Craig graduated in medicine from the University of Adelaide, with an Honours degree from Trinity College, Cambridge UK. His specialist training was at St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, the Prince Charles Hospital Brisbane, with Fellowships in Rome, Italy and the University of Washington Medical Centre, Seattle USA. He has a PhD in Cardiology through the University of Queensland.
For 10 years he has been an Eminent Staff Cardiologist at The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, with clinical duties in the Echocardiography Lab and the Cardiac CT/MRI Program. He runs the Lipid Familial Hypercholeterolemia service, is part of the Marfans, Adult Congenital, Cardiac Surgery and Structural Heart programs, and has provided Indigenous Cardiology Outreach clinics to far remote Queensland communities since 2008.
He has been appointed Professor of Medicine in the Griffith University School of Medicine, and Associate Professor at the University of Queensland Centre for Advanced Imaging.
• Advanced skills in cardiac imaging, including Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, 3D Transoesophageal Echocardiography, Cardiac CT Angiography and Cardiac MRI.
• One of the highest volume cardiac imaging providers in Australia.
• Internationally-recognised clinician and researcher.
• Chief author of the CSANZ Position Statement on Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring.
• International Guidelines Committee of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
• Queensland representative, Australian Atherosclerosis Society.
• Chair, Conjoint Committee for Certification in Cardiac MRI for Australia-NZ.
At Noosa Hospital Prof Hamilton-Craig offers:
• Clinical Cardiac consultation/investigations for general cardiology
• Advanced cardiac risk assessment & precision risk profiling
• Lipid & cholesterol disorders and access to genetics services
• Chest pain & acute coronary syndromes
• Atrial Fibrillation and Cardioversions
• Valvular heart disease (including minimally-invasive surgery /TAVI workup)
• Heart failure & adult congenital disorders care (including workup for percutaneous ASD/PFO closures)
• Sports & indigenous health cardiology
Christian has recently relocated with his family to the Noosa Hinterlands. His hobbies are surfing and playing the guitar.