Dr Beshoy Farah is a local gastroenterologist and hepatologist and is available for consultation at the Nowra Private Hospital.
Nowra Private Hospital, Nowra Private Hospital Consulting Suites
Nowra, NSW, 2541 Get Directions
02 4295 2975
Claim your profile
Dr Beshoy Farah is a local gastroenterologist and hepatologist and is available for consultation at the Nowra Private Hospital. He is also a staff Specialist Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist at the Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital and a VMO at St. George Hospital, Sydney.
He welcomes all patient referrals for gastroenterology and hepatology conditions.
Trained overseas in an advanced gastroenterology, hepatology and liver transplant Centre, Dr Farah obtained a Bachelor degree of Medicine from Cairo University in 2003 and a Master degree in General Medicine in 2009.
• A Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
• A member of the American College of Gastroenterology
• A member of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
Dr Farah has a strong focus in the endoscopic diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal conditions. His practice strongly advocates for liver cancer, bowel cancer screening and other cancer screening programs, and provides fast-track options for access to screening services to private or self-funding patients who meet specific health criteria.
Central to his Practice is a philosophy of care that remains patient-centered. Through compassionate and careful consultation with patients, Dr Farah relieves any anxieties and questions that patients and their families may have.
Services that Dr. Farah offers:
• Management of chronic liver disease, viral hepatitis, complications of cirrhosis and liver cancer
• Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis), microscopic colitis, IBS and bowel cancer screening
• GERD, Barrett’s oesophagus, Dysphagia, peptic ulcer disease and treatment of refractory H. pylori
• Assessment and management of GIT bleeding including positive FOBT and iron deficiency anaemia
• High quality diagnostic and interventional gastroscopies
• High quality diagnostic and interventional colonoscopies including polypectomy and EMR
• Other services include Fibroscan (non-invasive liver biopsy)
Dr. Farah has also been involved in research projects focusing on colonic polyps, viral hepatitis, liver disease. He is a sub-investigator in many trials for the new HCV treatment as well as clinical trials for hepatocellular