Ground Floor, Suite 7
14 Hill Street (Off Parklands Drive)Gold Coast Private Hospital
SOUTHPORT, QLD, 4215 Get Directions
07 5563 1360
07 5563 1950
Claim your profile
Dr Craig Sommerville graduated from the University of Queensland in 1994. Upon graduating, Craig successfully completed an internship and commenced his training in General Surgery. In 2005 he began post-fellowship training in HPB surgery (Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary), which then led to posts in Adelaide and London as the Fellow in HPB surgery and locum consultant at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Craig specialises in both General Surgery including laparoscopic and open hernia and the subspecialty of HPB surgery including open and laparoscopic gallbladder, pancreatic and hepatic surgery for primary or metastatic disease.
· Open and laparoscopic liver resection (removal of part of the liver) for cancer or non-cancerous liver conditions.
· Removal of part or the entire pancreas for cancer.
· Surgery for chronic pancreatitis.
· Laparoscopic pancreas surgery.
· Laparoscopic (key-hole) gallbladder surgery for gallstones and laparoscopic common bile duct exploration (removing stones from the common bile duct).
· Gallbladder cancer surgery.
· Complex surgery of the bile ducts.
Open and Laparoscopic General Surgery
· Laparoscopic appendectomy.
· Laparoscopic and open inguinal hernia and incisional hernia repair.
· Laparoscopic and open splenectomy.
· Emergency abdominal surgery.
· Gastroscopy / Endoscopy