Premion Building39 White Street
Southport, Qld, 4215 Get Directions
07 5598 0183
07 5598 0517
Claim your profile
Dr Lumba manages cancer patients in all tumour groups with special interests
• Gastrointestinal (colorectal, pancreas, stomach)
• Genitourinary (prostate, renal and bladder)
• Breast and lung cancers
Dr Lumba provides a high level of care to cancer patients and is veryinterested in clinical trials and research and is completing a Masters of Clinical
Trials and Research at the University of Sydney.
Dr Lumba underwent general physician training at Flinders Medical Centre,Adelaide, South Australia. He completed his medical oncology advanced
training at Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney and acquired FRACP from Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He underwent a clinical research
fellowship in Liverpool hospital/Ingham Research Institute, UNSW.
Dr Lumba has an academic appointment as Senior Lecturer Griffith University QLD.
He also has membership of:
• Australasian Gastro-Intestinal Trial Group Meeting (AGITG)
• Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA)
• American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
• Clinical Oncology Group Society of Australia (COSA)
• Royal Australian College of Physicians (RACP)
• Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials
Dr Lumba is an Principal Investigator for many clinical trials (Phase 1 to Phase 3) at John Flynn Private Hospital and Tweed Hospitals with new
therapies (eg Immunotherapy, Targeted Therapy)
Dr Lumba is also a staff specialist in Medical Oncology at the
• Tweed Heads/ Byron Bay Public Hospital, NSW Public Health
• VMO Pindara Private Hospital
Dr Lumba is fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu and very experienced in managing patients from multicultural community.
Dr Lumba has an academic appointment with UNSW and University of Newcastle. He also has membership of: