Cancer is the umbrella term given to a big group of diseases with the common element of uncontrolled growth of cells in the body. The most common cancers in Australia are prostate, breast, bowel, melanoma and lung cancer.
At Ramsay Health Plus, we offer a rehabilitation program to assist cancer patients, whilst undergoing treatment or during the recovery phase, to lead an active and fulfilling lifestyle. The program includes structured exercise programs and education sessions from a range of health professionals.
Combining exercise, education and support services, our programs can help you:
- Regain strength and endurance
- Increase energy levels
- Reduce the side effects of treatment
- Improve your physical and functional recovery
Our qualified health professionals provide additional support to maximise your wellbeing through every stage of your cancer treatment and recovery. Services available include:
- Dietitians for nutritional assessment and advice
- Physiotherapists to assist with pain, injury and exercise
- Exercise Physiologists to support your exercise routine
- Psychologists for emotional and psychosocial support
- Speech pathologists to assist with language and swallowing problems
- Trained Lymphoedema therapists to assist with unwanted swelling
To find out more about our Ramsay Health Plus cancer services and find your nearest location, please visit the Ramsay Health Plus website.