The Ramsay Way philosophy of “people caring for people” means patients and health care workers are equally important in our health care ecosystem.
We are focused on:
- Fostering a safe, caring and inclusive culture
- Engaging and developing our people
- Delivering high quality patient outcomes and experience
- Being a trusted partner for our doctors and clinicians
- Supporting the mental health and wellbeing all of our people
Our highest priority is patient safety and quality care.
We use clinical and patient experience data to identify high performance, evaluate how reliable and consistent patient experiences are, reduce unwarranted variation and drive opportunities for improvement. We translate clinical data into current outcomes, trends over time and evaluate improvement opportunities. Most importantly we are transparent and strive to provide the patient with the information to make an informed decision that is right for them.
In order to measure our performance and truly know how it translates to patient outcomes and experience, we need to gather information from a range of sources. For example, we gather data from clinical incident reporting, clinical outcomes, audits, patient experience surveys, patient feedback, clinical registries and clinical indicator sets that compare standardised outcomes both internally and externally (benchmarking).
Ramsay Health Care has robust processes to ensure clinical outcome data is reviewed in time frames relative to the risk; the greater the risk the more frequently and immediate our review. We have systems that ensure information is escalated to the highest level of the organisation if they pose an imminent risk to patients' safety. Otherwise, we review clinical performance at monthly, quarterly and half yearly intervals. Ramsay also has systems to ensure patient outcome data is cascaded down to our frontline staff as well as escalated up to the highest levels of governance of the organisation.
Please click here for more information about the safety and quality of our services.
Workplace health and safety
Workplace health and safety is central to our business culture. We are committed to the health and safety of all employees and everyone who enters our workplaces. We remain on our continuous journey of improvement and as such are committed to:
- Legislative compliance with a best practice focus.
- Monitoring, improving and reviewing our measurable objectives and targets.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance and taking action.
- Continuously improving a model of consistent safe practice across our businesses.
- Being consultative and communicating with all key stakeholders.
- Maintaining systems which add value.
- Fostering a culture that empowers and encourages everyone to uphold these objectives and policies.
Everyone at Ramsay is encouraged to be a champion of safety and to speak up when unsafe behaviours are observed.
The National Safety Team (Australia) administers the Ramsay Health Care Safety Management System, which comprises primarily:
- Policies and procedures via standards and guidelines
- Education and instruction including specific safety based forums
- Compliance and risk management
- Performance and targets, including audits and inspections
- Consultation which is a fundamental cornerstone
Our Key Performance Indicators include:
- Zero fatalities and ever reducing harm
- Accident and Incident measures including frequency / severity / duration
- Incident investigations and proactive root cause analysis
- Emergency preparedness and business continuity
- LTIFR / SLTIFR / Duration and Severity Rates
- Incidents PPD and by internal peer group
Work, Health & Safety Policy
Zero Tolerance - Aggression & Violence
More information and the latest reports are available here.